Initiatives to Promote Healthy, Wholesome Work Styles
Aiming to become a network-style organization in which every employee collaborates autonomously, ADK employees are urged to embrace healthy and productive work styles that respect the discretion of each individual.
We also encourage employees to take paid vacations by designating company-wide days off, paid vacation encouragement days, and random vacation days as part of our drive to instill healthy and sound work styles.
Developing a hybrid work system that accommodates diverse values and work styles
Since 2020, we have been implementing remote work without limiting the number of eligible employees. Based on the know-how we have accumulated so far, we are currently advancing discussions to institutionalize an advanced "hybrid work system" that allows employees to independently and autonomously choose where and when to work according to organizational and individual work conditions and circumstances.
Multifaceted support for mental and physical well-being
- ADK is upgrading support systems for employee mental health through programs such as consultations with occupational health physicians, counselling services, and video-learning programs for self-care.
- We provide stress management and assertion training by a clinical psychologist for new and mid-career employees.
- Online health seminars are held regularly to help employees maintain and improve their health. In 2021, 4-5 such seminars were held. To address the lack of communication among employees and prevent loss of fitness arising from work-from-home programs, we have been organizing the nationwide ADK Run and Walk In-House Contest annually since 2021.
- In 2022, 100% of all employees underwent regular health checkups.
Creating opportunities for employees and their families to interact
- ADK provides settings for employees to interact such as shashoku (sociable company meals) where employees can enjoy lunch while chatting directly with the President.
- An annual office-visit day is held for employeesʼ children. They are invited to visit the head office to observe and experience their parentsʼ workplace. This summertime event is aimed at strengthening the bond between kids and their working parents. (The event was cancelled in 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.)
Adoption of a group-diagnostic tool to ensure healthy working conditions for all employees
- ADK adopted GEPPO, an organizational diagnostic tool to progressively achieve healthier and more work-friendly office environments. A monthly survey is conducted to clearly identify issues facing individual employees and the organization as a whole.