ADK Launches “mobile DADA” Video Advertising for Smartphones
ASATSU-DK Inc. (ADK head office: Chuo Ward, Tokyo; Yoji Shimizu, President & Group CEO) is pleased to announce the launch of “mobile DADA”, a video advertising delivery service for smartphones, starting officially from May 31, 2012. It is as part of ADK’s strategy to solidify its position in the digital field.
”mobile DADA” emerged from ADK’s 2010 Internal Contest for Business Ideas. To establish this service, ADK conducted market research to support the system development. This system will offer a new marketing activity in the rapidly-growing smartphone market. ADK will aggressively pursue new users and sales opportunities for clients.
”mobile DADA” is an advertising delivery service using a free application. Smartphone users earn points from viewing CM’s and can exchange points for cash or products. Clients will be able to provide rich CM contents and conduct marketing activities more efficiently. Clients will only be billed for CM’s that have definitely been viewed. In addition to increasing awareness, “mobile DADA” can also be used to promote product understanding and sales. Furthermore, it can be used to analyze marketing data that can be the benchmark in the development of more concise client strategies.
*An Android version will be released initially, while an iPhone version is scheduled for release in July.
<“mobile DADA” Service Outline>
Users can view CM’s based on using the following procedures.
- Free application downloads
- Member registration including gender, age, area with the application.
- Viewing CM’s with the application (Since CM’s are automatically downloaded beforehand, users can view CM’s immediately.)
- CM evaluation
- Transition to the product/service introduction page and visiting interesting product/service websites with a single button
- Points are awarded, just by viewing a CM
- Accumulated points can be exchanged for cash or products which will be introduced on shopping sites
<Flow of viewing CM’s using “mobile DADA”>
CM playback CM check (=CM evaluation) Product/service introduction Website
In order to respond to the various needs of clients and users, ADK will leverage the benefits of smartphones to expand its services, such as higher quality video, GPS, EC coordination with SNS and with distribution channels.
The sales goal in FY2012 is 2 billion yen. The target are users who are younger adults sensitive to information and highly capable of sharing this with their friends. The goal is to acquire 10 million members within 5 years. “mobile DADA” aspires to strengthen ADK’s ability to reach this important target and encourage them to take action, and help the system become a marketing engine in this new Smartphone era.
*The service name “DADA” means “turning over the usual practices found in ‘AD’ (advertising)”.
“mobile DADA” Overview
- Planned by: ASATSU-DK Inc.
- Developed by: ASATSU-DK Inc.
- Corresponding OS: Android OS 2.1 and newer versions
* iOS version scheduled to be launched in July
*Corresponding to all terminals but some exceptions
- Price: Free
- Place: Google play
- Official site: http://www.dada.jp
“mobile DADA” Logo mark