Notice regarding extraordinary income
As ASATSU-DK INC. (President and Group CEO: Yoji Shimizu; Head Office: Chuo-ku, Tokyo; hereinafter “ADK”) has officially announced in “Changes (exclusion of application) related to companies accounted for using equity method, and liquidation of a joint venture” dated August 26, 2011, ADK by way of responding to the stock repurchase of Digital Advertising Consortium Inc. (hereinafter “DAC”) with a part of DAC’s shares possessed by ADK, today sold the shares concerned (hereinafter “this sale”), which resulted in an extraordinary income.
ADK also informs you that the percentage of voting-rights of DAC possessed by ADK became 18.57%, and that following this sale DAC was excluded from the companies accounted for using equity method.
1. Contents of sale of DAC’ shares
- Number of shares: 40,000 shares
- Sale date: August 30, 2011
- Sale price: 1,300 million yen
- Gain on sale (extraordinary income): 859 million yen (projection) (non-consolidated)*
* The impact on the consolidated results is now under close examination.
2. Changes of the number of DAC’s shares possessed by ADK, and changes in voting-rights percentage.
|Number of shares (shares)||Voting-rights percentage (%)|
|Before sale||Number of shares sold||After sale||Before sale||After sale|
* Voting-rights percentage before sales is the percentage of voting rights possessed by ADK among the total number of voting rights of DAC as of March 31, 2011 (525,593). Voting-rights percentage after sales is the percentage of voting rights possessed by ADK among the total number of voting rights of DAC reflecting this sale (485,593).
3. Consequences for business results
Besides this sale, as was announced in “Changes (exclusion of application) related to companies accounted for using equity method, and liquidation of a joint venture” dated August 26, 2011, ADK intends to sell off all the 90,176 shares of DAC that ADK possesses as of today, as publicly offered shares of DAC on the same day.
Accordingly, revision of the results forecast for the full fiscal year accompanying the posting of the extraordinary income resulting from this sale, as well as the impact of this offering for sale on ADK’s business results is due to be announced separately after the sales value of DAC’s shares in this offering for sale has been determined.